Terms & Conditions
CONTICO Product Submission Terms & Conditions
UNSOLICITED IDEA POLICY AND SUBMISSION AGREEMENT
Thank you for expressing interest in submitting your idea to Continental Commercial Products, LLC (“CCP”). In all cases, ideas submitted in any form and in any medium will be considered non-confidential unless and until such time as CCP determines to request additional information on a confidential basis. At that time, CCP may execute a Non-Disclosure Agreement (“NDA”) which will govern the disclosure of such additionally requested information. Any information provided to CCP prior to the execution of such NDA will be considered non-confidential even if an NDA is later executed and information subsequently exchanged on a confidential basis. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR IDEA IN ANY FORM (VERBAL, E-MAIL, LETTER, ETC.) UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THIS ENTIRE POLICY AND EXECUTED THE NECESSARY AGREEMENT. No edits to the Policy or Submission Agreement will be accepted by CCP.
Continued Development: CCP is dedicated to improving all aspects of its products. In that regard, CCP is continuously developing new products and services, and improving upon its products and services using its team of employees and external consultants. In addition to many of the products that you may see offered by CCP, we have many other products and services in various stages of development. Moreover, we have other ideas that we have analyzed, but we have considered such ideas not ready for further development at this time for various reasons. As such, it is always possible that a CCP employee or consultant is working on or has already developed the specific idea you would like to submit to CCP. It is also possible that employees or consultants engaged by CCP may later develop a similar idea to the one you submit to CCP, even without having access to your submission. Your idea may have also been or will be suggested by another submitter. It is also possible that your idea may already be publically disclosed, described in prior publications or may already be in public use.
Non-confidential: Due to its continued development efforts, CCP evaluates ideas by outside parties solely on the understanding that CCP has no obligation of any kind to the submitter, namely no obligations of either confidentiality or payment. CCP’s policy is to not receive or consider any initial new product ideas or other submissions on a confidential basis. Furthermore, CCP employees do not have the authority to enter into a verbal confidentiality or compensation agreement with you. This Policy governs all (or any portion of) information contained in your submission, as well as any subsequent communications (written, electronic or verbal) you may have with CCP unless and until such time as additional agreements may be executed. We feel that this is very important in order to protect the interests of the company and to avoid potential misunderstandings related to such submissions.
Patents: CCP may more strongly consider ideas that are described and claimed in an issued utility or design patent.
Marketing Ideas: CCP will not consider suggestions for advertising, marketing campaigns, slogans, logos, brands, trademarks, or similar items.
Formal Agreement: After CCP reviews your non-confidential submission, and if CCP decides to consider your idea in more detail on a confidential and/or exclusive basis, then only a written agreement signed by a duly authorized CCP officer will create an obligation on CCP’s part to maintain the confidentiality of any information, enter into exclusivity discussions and/or to pay for the use of such information.
Status Inquiries: CCP will not reply to any inquiries regarding the status of your submission. Instead, CCP will contact you if we decide that your submission may be novel and we decide to further consider your submission in more detail.
No Return of Materials: CCP will not return any materials or documents you may choose to provide, so we encourage you to only submit copies of materials, or materials that you can easily duplicate or otherwise replace.
Advice of Counsel: CCP highly recommends that you consult with a lawyer and have a lawyer review this Policy and Submission Agreement before submitting your idea to CCP. Third party disclosure of ideas can trigger certain filing deadlines if you intend to ultimately seek patent protection for your idea.
Severability: If, for any reason, a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Policy and Submission Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision of this Policy and Submission Agreement shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this Policy and Submission Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
By submitting your idea and any subsequent materials to CCP via email, mail or in any other written, electronic or verbal form, you specifically represent or agree that:
1. You are at least 18 years of age.
2. You have read, understood and agree to the terms of this entire Unsolicited Idea Policy and Submission Agreement.
3. Your submission is an original idea and that you are the owner of all right, title and interest in the idea.
4. You had the opportunity to consult with an attorney regarding this Policy and Submission Agreement, if desired.
5. You have not relied, and will not rely, on representations by any CCP employee that contradict the terms of this Policy and Submission Agreement.
6. This Policy and Submission Agreement applies to all or any portion of your initial submission, and all other information you have provided or will later provide to CCP in any form, unless and until CCP decides to enter into a Non-Disclosure Agreement (“NDA”) with you in which case such Agreement will govern the submission of additional information beginning on the date of execution of such NDA.
7. No effect will be given to the marking of any information submitted as “Confidential” or “Proprietary” or the like.
8. CCP has no confidentiality obligations, payment obligations or other obligations of any kind to you.
9. CCP is free to test, evaluate, use and commercialize any or all of the ideas in your submission for any purpose whatsoever and without compensation to you, except as restricted by any valid patent, or except as otherwise separately agreed to in writing by a duly authorized CCP officer as provided herein or therein.
10. You acknowledge that, after your submission, you are not able to retract your ideas, nor prevent CCP from fully exploiting the ideas in your submission.
11. You do not have a confidential, fiduciary or other relationship with CCP, and no such relationship shall arise, in the absence of a separate written agreement signed by a duly authorized CCP officer.
12. No CCP employee has authority to enter into a verbal confidentiality agreement or otherwise vary the terms of this Policy and Submission Agreement, except through a writing signed by a duly authorized CCP officer.
13. CCP is not obligated to return to you any documents, items or other materials you submit to CCP.
14. Your submission does not infringe on or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of others. Further, you represent and warrant that you are not under any obligation of confidentiality to any other party with respect to the ideas, information and/or documents which you submit to CCP in connection with this Policy and Submission Agreement.
15. No other person or entity is owed compensation or has any rights related to your submission or that would arise from CCP’s use of your submission.
16. Any disputes that arise between CCP and you regarding this Agreement or CCP’s use of your submission will be governed by Missouri law (without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions) and venue in the state or federal courts of Missouri.
By continuing in the submission process and/or submitting any Material to CCP, you agree to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the terms of the Unsolicited Idea Policy and Submission Agreement outlined above.